10 Tips for Husbands
Now before Acerbic Villain dogs me…though I know he will anyway…
my wife did NOT put me up to posting this! As I was in the bathroom this morning, thinking deep thoughts, this blog post just came to mind.
Basically, here’s what happened: the toilet paper roll was empty, and as I started to do what I always do in this situation (grab a new roll and then leave it on the edge of the sink) I thought to myself, “Self, how hard is it, really, to replace a toilet paper roll?”
Vic HATES it when I don’t do this, and I have, on more than one occasion, been pelted with an empty roll when it’s discovered. So, I replaced it and tossed the empty tube in the trash. (Yah, me!)
This led me to think, “What other really simple tasks could I get up off my lazy arse and just DO, that would make my wife happy?” Now, this is not a train of thought I board as often as I should, as it frequently leads to direct contact with the dishwasher, when I could be on the couch watching Friends re-runs.
Still, the train was out of control, and here’s what I came up with. Please add your own suggestions below. (Note to Dinana: Just know, in advance, that your comments will likely be deleted! LOL)
- Replace empty toilet paper rolls and dispose of properly (see above.)
- Pick up my dirty socks. They’re right there at my feet, and the hamper is like a foot away, c’mon!
- Rearrange the couch cushions when I get up. 10 seconds, max.
- Remember to brush my teeth and gargle before I come to bed. The dog has been known to get up and leave the room.
- Empty my bathroom trashcan. Okay, this one involves several steps and almost didn’t make the list.
- Put books, videos, and DVD’s back on the shelf when I’m done with them. Again, just one at a time, takes a couple of seconds.
- Put my dishes in the dishwasher instead of piling in the sink. I hate the dishwasher; this one almost got nixed as well.
- Take my empty Starbucks cups out of the car when I exit. (Really, I’m sad, please pray for my wife…)
- Hang up my coat when I take it off. Seriously, I have piling issues.
- Hang the towel (or toss it in the hamper) when done showering. See #9.
Okay, that’s about all I’m willing to admit to at this point. I’m going to print this list and tape it to my bathroom mirror.
Though, that’s also where I taped my new diet/exercise schedule…so there you go… Guys, what do you have to add?
-Perk PS – If I don’t get some decent responses by tomorrow, I’m sending this link to your wives!
If I go down, I’m taking everybody with me!