10 Things I Love About my Church
So, an old buddy of mine was asking me some questions about the church we attend, and I came up with a list of 10 things I love about it. Not necessarily the “top” ten things, but some pretty good ones.
BTW, this list will be a lot funnier for the old crew from SS4S, but here it is anyway…
- My pastor has never called me into his office to “talk.”
- Anyone telling you that they feel “a check in their spirit” could result in a butt-kicking.
- I have yet to see a single chicken dance during worship.
- The word “Shekina” has yet to be uttered in my hearing.
- We like potlucks.
- People who want a new ministry get to start it themselves, the pastor will not recruit others, and maintains no pool of slave labor.
- We really like potlucks.
- Pastor has been known to use the word “pie-hole” in a sermon.
- Our worship leader teaches (on humility) that we ALL come before God with a booger in our nose. (I told you I’d never forget that one!)
- Sermon illustrations have included firing a compound bow in the sanctuary.
Obviously all tounge-in-cheek.